Greetings to all my friends!
I’m back with just a small post of the day 12 of the June 1-30 Challenge. What is it today?
Day 12 Twelve Things You Are Grateful For
June 12, 1942. Anne Frank received a diary for her birthday.
June 12, 2014. The last time I allowed the 12th to be a day of monthly mourning and depression for me. The next month, when the 12th rolled around, I chose to be grateful for the things and people I have rather than being depressed because of what I had lost.
Tell about a dozen things you are grateful to have in your life. It could be people, things, memories, etc. (Yes, I cheated on this one since I do this every month anyway.)
A dozen things I am grateful to have in my life:
1. A very supportive husband. If he wasn’t as patient and understanding as he is, I would not have been able to develop on my writing. Though he hasn’t read even a single word of what I write, his support is one thing I am grateful for.
2. A loving family. Includes my parents, my siblings and my lovely children.
3. I’m extremely grateful for the great friends I have. I have been lucky and blessed with amazing people who are around me. Be it on WordPress, Facebook and real life.
4. To have been born as a Muslim. I am endlessly grateful to the Almighty to be a Muslimah.
5. I’m grateful and proud that I belong to a beautiful country, India. A country of various colors and cultures, a country of poets and writers, a country of brave and talented.
6. I am grateful that I am able to pursue my dreams.
7. I am grateful for the love and respect my students have for me. Their innocent eyes as they look upon me, makes me feel responsible. Responsible to uphold and be worthy enough of their love and care.
8. I am grateful that I am an independent women who works and earns. Blessed that the Lord made me capable enough to manage home and work.
9. I’m grateful to those people who have always tried to pull me down. Though they did hurt me initially, but if not for them, I wouldn’t have tried to reach higher.
10. I am grateful to a dear friend of mine, who has been the reason, I took blogging seriously. He prefers to remain unknown and I respect his preference.
11. I am grateful to have been educated. My parents took a huge step when they decided to let me study, though I had a tough time to convince them for that. At a place and in a time when marriage is regarded the primary goal for a girl, my parents had to bear a lot to allow me to complete my graduation.
12. I am grateful that I am alive tonight. And I shall be grateful every morning when I open my eyes after sleeping. For it is a gift that He bestows on us, to be able to live a little more, repent more, regret more, seek forgiveness more and do more of good deeds.
Well, that brings me to the end of the 12 things I am grateful for. Today marks the end of the first ashrah of Ramadhan, first 10 days are over. One third of the holy month has ended. May Allah accept our deeds in the days that have passed and of the two thirds left! Aameen.
Hope to be back soon.
Best wishes and love.